AirPrint broken in iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by alco, Oct 6, 2014.

1. alco macrumors newbie

Fellow Travelers,

After upgrading to iOS 8, I'm no longer able to print using my AirPrint capable printer (an Epson WF-3520). Has anyone had trouble with AirPrint after upgrading?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

No problem here. Check your wireless settings.

3. alco thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty sure wireless settings aren't the issue. I print wirelessly from my Mac all the time.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Try forgetting your previous connection and connect your iOS 8 device to the printer as if it was a new iPhone/iPad.

5. alco thread starter macrumors newbie

Done. Still appears to be broken though :(

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Maybe the printer firmware needs an update for iOS 8 compatibility. My Lexmark printer gets updates periodically.

7. Suggy500 macrumors newbie

I've a Samsung printer that works fine if I use an iOS 7 device to print, however, if I use AirPrint on an iOS 8 device it causes the printer to reboot. There's a thread on the apple forums for people with similar issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542075?start=45&tstart=0

8. jaypr macrumors member

I have a similar issue with my Canon Printer. If I try to print anything it cannont see the airprint printer, but if I turn off my iPad and turn it back on again it shows up again.

9. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

It's working fine for me with an HP 8600 officejet pro.

10. IndyBob macrumors member

IndyBob

I have been having a similar issue with my Epson WF-3540. I am not sure why but if I unplug the router for a minute or 2 then when it starts back up I can print from my iPad and iPhone with IOS 8 for awhile. Sometimes days. But I may have to re-boot the router again. For me it appears to be a Netgear problem.

11. jaypr macrumors member

I thought I was either my router or printer causing the issue too. Mine was OK for days then just dropped off. But it's an issue with ios 8 and in my case turing the iPad/iphone off and on again sorts it out everytime.

12. doboy macrumors 68020

I'm having issues with AirPrinting to my Dell (Samsung) printer using iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 6. It works fine with my iPad Air running 7.x.