Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.tolgao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Hello,

I have iPhone 3GS with IOS 4.2.1. I have also a printer HP Photosmart C4680 which is wireless via Airport Express. I have no problem printing wirelessly from my MacBook Pro. I was very dissapointed when I found out that I can not print wirelessly from my iPhone to my wireless printer. I tried Printopia sw and it works but my MBP had to be on in order to get a print out from my iPhone. It is not convenient. I want to print wirelessly from my iPhone directly to my printer. I know it is not possible right now. Do you think that Apple will find a solution to this problem ? I just bought my printer few months ago. And I don't want to buy an AirPrint enabled printer again.

Thanks,
Tolga

Japacheco

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I've been using an app called e-print for more than 6 months and it works quite well. It found wireless printers as well as printers connected directly to my home network.
Reviews in the App store are not very good but i think most of them had unrealistic expectations. It is $2.99 and there is lite version for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.