AirPrint - Does it work poll - The Facts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RafaelT, Nov 10, 2010.

?

Is AirPrint working for you?

1. I am running 4.2GM, 10.6.5 Final. I DID NOT have previous 10.6.5 betas installed. AirPrint Works!

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. I am running 4.2GM, 10.6.5 Final. I DID have previous 10.6.5 betas installed. AirPrint Works!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I am running 4.2GM, 10.6.5 Final. I DID NOT have 10.6.5 betas installed. AirPrint does not work.

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  4. I am running 4.2GM, 10.6.5 Final. I DID have 10.6.5 betas installed. AirPrint does not work.

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

There are a bunch of different threads with a lot of people saying AirPrint does or does not work for them. It's time to clear up a few things and get some facts out there.

Time for a poll to get some real clear facts!

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I never had a 10.6.5 beta installed. Airprint does not work for me. FWIW my direct connected printer is a laser. Maybe it makes a different if it's inkjet or laser since all of HP's printers that are directly compatible are inkjet.

All my Mac's see my printers via bonjour fine. It's only my iDevices that do not.

3. celticpride678

Here's the word going around over the past few hours:

If you have iOS 4.2 GM installed and have a beta version of Mac OS X 10.6.5, AirPrint will work.

If you have iOS 4.2 GM installed and updated your Mac FROM a beta version of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to the public copy released today, AirPrint will work.

If you have iOS 4.2 GM installed and updated from Mac OS X 10.6.4 to Mac OS X 10.6.5 with no beta releases involved, AirPrint will not work.

4. RafaelT thread starter macrumors 65816

RafaelT

That is the sense that I was getting however I have also seen a couple places where people said that they didn't have the betas. So either they don't know what they are talking about or got really lucky.

9to5 mac reported the following...

"We’ve heard multiple reports from users that the golden master seed of iOS 4.2 still had a few bugs and because of this, we believe Apple has been fixing up iOS 4.2 the last couple days and has changed some algorithms related to AirPrint. So, hopefully Friday we’ll know the full story as to if AirPrint will work with iOS 4.2′s public release or not."

If that's true then there is hopefully nothing to worry about and as soon as 4.2 Final is released everything will be all good.

5. celticpride678

It's impossible that it works without having a beta installed. It either works for everyone or it doesn't.

Don't believe everything you read :)

6. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Updated to 6.5 final, AirPrint works perfectly for me with GM and previous beta installed.

7. Jbaffoh macrumors member

Had betas, airprint never worked for me

10.6.5 h571 --> h574 --> public release;
    iOS 4.2 GM;
    iTunes 10.1b10;
    iPhone 4;
    Brother color laser multifunction (MFC-9840CDW), connected to iMac via wifi;
    Updated drivers and firmware--and reinstalled today;
    Print Sharing enabled.

With both betas and the final release of 10.6.5, I get "No Printers Found."

8. 3587 macrumors 6502a

I have that same printer and it doesn't work for me either... I think Brother has to release a software or firmware update in order for it to work... Until then...

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It's a little different now that Apple pulled the AirPrint files from 10.6.5 final release. You can add them back with AirPrint hacktivator or use Printopia. As long as the Brother printer shows up in OS X to print to Printopia will work for sure.

10. 3587 macrumors 6502a

How easy is it to install Printopia? I'm sure I can wait for Apple to implement this feature, but if Printopia is simple, I may try that...

11. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

It's working for me, I had to update the printer and use Airprint Hacktivator to get my Dell 1815 network printer working.

12. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I have printopia and it's awesome. Had some issues with it at first, but it's been a breeze since. Everything prints perfectly from my canon wireless printer, whether it's from my iphone or ipad.

Only bad thing is you need your computer to be on. Can't just print from the ipad with it off or in sleep mode, but you can live with that.