[Airprint] print to pdf on windows 7?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shadowness, Nov 26, 2010.

1. shadowness macrumors regular

hey guys!

anybody had luck printing from an ipad to a shared pdf printer on a windows machine?

i have installed cutepdf and pdf creator on my windows 7 laptop,
    cutepdf does not support default directory support so its not an option!
    pdfcreator has a lot of options including default location support.

but everytime i print from the ipad (pages, Phoster etc) the print is processed and send and i can even see the activity on the print center on the ipad, but no pdf file is saved in the PC. no print queue etc.

anyone has a working solution?

2. gh0001 macrumors member

i use bullzip for windows. freeware.

if you use Office 2007, it has built-in converter to PDF for Office documents.

3. shadowness thread starter macrumors regular

Does the ipad print to Bullzip?

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Good question, I just found out that Cute PDF does not support network printer sharing. Likely because there is a save dialog box asking what to name and where to save the file.

If there was a PDF printer driver that didn't require any user input and just saved documents to a default location with no user input that might work.

5. shadowness thread starter macrumors regular

That's right! That's why I tried with PDF creator, which has the option to set default folders! But still it receives nothing from iPad!

When I installed and tried with bullzip like gh0001 suggested, windows 7 gave an msg window saying a program is sending an error message do you want to see it? When I said yes entire screen blacked out and the old windows look was displayed with bull zips save dialog and a return dialog from windows message dialog, when I proceeded with saving a file bullzip gave a ghost script error 1007 and quit.

But in the background was pdfcreator's monitor window with all the prints queued! And one of these prints printed to the specified folder! And then i proceeded to delete the rest.

But after I clicked return, windows 7 was restored and the original PDF creator dialog was running without any print queue!

After this there was no success n printing to PDF from iPad!

I still have no idea of whats happening!