Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
great find, they also need an import app though which is will be pretty functiona, airsharing for iphone might work, great app. An sd card slot, gives you a lot of opportunities even a wifi one.

An idisk and other nas webdav or other servers will complement the ipad excellently. Of course some real solutions from mobileme are required too. Because if this is a video/book/music device (and add to that all in the apps in there) with the way our libraries in all that have mushroomed not just 16gb is meagre, 64gb is meagre too.

Of course soon the ipod touches will have 128gb toshi nand, and so will the ipad, but still that is not enough, heck only my podcasts are few tens of gbs. I might not be the typical user, but a lot are like me.

kindredx

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
Yes, I have...

Sorry to revive an old post, but are there folks using this. How well do you like it.

I wish I would have seen this message back when you first posted it. I have been using the Airstash for a year and a half, and have absolutely loved it.

Someone mentioned about juggling SD cards, to be honest this has not really been an issue as I have a 16GB SD card for my music and one for movies (only when I travel).

I use the Airstash on the daily to listen to my music on my iPad (16 GB) or iPhone (16 GB), plus my daughters can use it too; works fantastic! My 16 GB SD that I use for music still has plenty of space, not to mention that by the time I run out of space on this card the 32 or 64 GB cards will be affordable, so definitely a well worth investment to increase the disk space on your iPhone or iPad!

Someone else asked about charging the Airstash, I use the same charger for my iPhone on my Airstash, works great. BTW The Airstash did come with a charger.

If you are considering the Airstash – it is well worth the investment especially if you only have a 16 GB iPhone or iPad. :)

kaylerrific

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2012
I wish I would have seen this message back when you first posted it. I have been using the Airstash for a year and a half, and have absolutely loved it.

Someone mentioned about juggling SD cards, to be honest this has not really been an issue as I have a 16GB SD card for my music and one for movies (only when I travel).

I use the Airstash on the daily to listen to my music on my iPad (16 GB) or iPhone (16 GB), plus my daughters can use it too; works fantastic! My 16 GB SD that I use for music still has plenty of space, not to mention that by the time I run out of space on this card the 32 or 64 GB cards will be affordable, so definitely a well worth investment to increase the disk space on your iPhone or iPad!

Someone else asked about charging the Airstash, I use the same charger for my iPhone on my Airstash, works great. BTW The Airstash did come with a charger.

If you are considering the Airstash – it is well worth the investment especially if you only have a 16 GB iPhone or iPad. :)

A friend of mine has this and raves about it because her two kids can stream videos simultaneously on long car rides and flights. It seems sort of expensive, but I guess it's cheaper in the longrun since you can use it with multiple generations of iPads.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I've had my Airstash for over a year, find it very useful for both family and business travel. Yes, you can have multiple user stream different movies (or songs) at same time. It works as advertised. Support, given that its via Memorex USA, is remarkably responsive. I had an issue with one unit and they did an advance-ship swap no questions asked after some troubleshooting.

Personally, I keep 3 32g cards in my briefcase at all times. One for movies, one for entire seasons of TV/Cable episodes, another for music (my entire iTunes library almost). I've also been (trying) to use a fourth card for business files that I can share with clients during presentations, etc. I've found this feature, while useful, to not be as easy as just flat out emailing the stuff to participants ahead of time (which most of them want/ask for anyways). So while it works as a 'mini-NAS' for non-media content, its not quite as useful as you might think in that regards.

Good device for the money, however. Infinitely expandable and the cards are pretty cheap from Amazon.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
A friend of mine has this and raves about it because her two kids can stream videos simultaneously on long car rides and flights. It seems sort of expensive, but I guess it's cheaper in the longrun since you can use it with multiple generations of iPads.

It does seem expensive when you consider that a solution like the 1TB Seagate drive is only $199 and also features better battery life.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Wirel...=UTF8&qid=1364393207&sr=8-5&keywords=airstash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.