Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCS12

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Sheboygan, WI USA
I’ve had four AirTags for about a month now. All I get are notifications that they are left behind. My wife has an iPhone yet it does not give her location and it says it still at home when she’s at work. She has an iPhone and the AirTag is paired with my Apple ID so why isn’t it using her iPhone to give location? In Apple community there’s a lot of discussion about AirTags not updating locations and pretty much worthless so far in my experience. It ought to give their AirTags location instantly since she hasn’t iPhone 11 Pro Max with unlimited data. Disappointed, Seth
It sounds like all your issues are related to settings in her phone as well as your own airtag settings. If her phone is always showing up as home regardless of her location, I'm guessing she has the "find my" network disabled on the phone. This would also stop it from relaying the airtag signal.

As far as the left behind notifications, you can adjust those, add trusted locations, or turn them off in the find my app as well.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Agreed - the core issue is likely related to settings in her phone.

@Zephar77 what is shown on her phone under Settings->AppleID->FindMy->FindMyiPhone?

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210400

ios15-iphone-12-pro-settings-apple-id-find-my-find-my-iphone.png

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
...and Bluetooth. The AirTags only have 2 wireless protocols that they support - Bluetooth and UWB (for precision finding). If her bluetooth isn't turned on, her phone won't "ping" the AirTag.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I was also a long time Tile user. I liked the original sealed units. Later I bought Tile Pros with replaceable batteries. They were louder, bit they were notorious for going off in my pocket. The button was too hair-trigger sensitive.

My wife and I now use AirTags. I won’t go back to Tile

Reactions: deeddawg

Diablo360

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
I also made the switch to Air tags and will use them from now on. Not even a chance I’ll be going back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.