Airtunes connection times out - help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peterdevries, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

Dear All,

Hope you can help me with this small but annoying problem..

I have a Timecapsule as base station, and an airport express that I use for Airtunes. Both are set to 208.11n and I have configured the Airport Express by connecting it to the Time Capsule with an ethernet cable.

When I start my laptop (MBP) all works fine, and I can use airtunes without a problem. However after a few minutes playback stops and the connection to the express is lost. The light on the airport express is still green, but airport utility doesn't detect it anymore. The problem can usually be solved by unplugging the AE and then reconnecting iTunes, but after a few minutes this happens again.

The timecapsule, my Laptop and the AE are all within a 15 foot circle, with no obstructions (e.g. walls, chicken) between them.. I have a stable connection with the timecapsule, even when the AE connection is lost.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

This is probably not helpful, but . . .
    Every time my wife turns on the microwave, AirTunes craps out. If I were in your shoes, I'd first try going to 2.4GHz (I think N-only is 5GHz).

3. peterdevries thread starter macrumors 68040

peterdevries

Interesting. My girlfriend doesn´t cook though :( and the only other appliance she uses is the blow-dryer, but I will definitely give it a go.

I think N-only can also be set to 2.4..

Thanks!

4. Ketch3011 macrumors newbie

Similar Issue

I have experienced a similar issue with an Airport Extreme and an AppleTV, though, I have not yet figured out the solution...

K