AirTunes dropping out?

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
My AirTunes drops out or the signal breaks, It plays for a while no probs then it stops ... as if its buffereing?

I'm going to call Apple; but any ideas? :confused:

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
glosterseagul said:
My AirTunes drops out or the signal breaks, It plays for a while no probs then it stops ... as if its buffereing?

I'm going to call Apple; but any ideas? :confused:
how far away is it from the source? my house is older and has lots of issues with wireless even though it's just a few rooms over.. it probably is buffering, because it's having a hard time maintaining a stable connection

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
dsharits said:
Mine does the same thing, and it's only about 10 feet away!

Daniel
running a microwave by chance? :p give apple a call and see what they say.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
dsharits said:
Mine does the same thing, and it's only about 10 feet away!

Daniel
I had the same problem as well. As soon as I changed some of the settings the music streaming worked just fine. I think it was having problems because with everything enabled and running, the device was overworked.

I don't enjoy the compromise :(

I'd like to have the device a little bit larger and able to handle everything it is supposed to do at one time; rather than have a device that is small but can only do a few things at once.

Everything else that Apple makes small works -- iPod ... Mac mini ... Powerbook ... etc.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Logik said:
running a microwave by chance? :p give apple a call and see what they say.
Or wireless phones @ 2.8GHz? Mine is in a cupboard about 40 ft. away, on a different floor, and works fine all the time.

You may want to try a different WiFi channel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.