AirTunes Issues w/ FiOS

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by StarbucksSam, Jul 5, 2008.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Hi there,

Just moved in to a new apartment that has Fios but no wired CAT-5 jacks. I want to connect an Airport Express (n series) to the wireless base station that is installed in the FiOS system and use AirTunes.

This doesn't seem like it should be an issue, however, when I write the config on the base station to connect it to the Verizon station, the base station can't be found after it restarts. It also doesn't apparently connect, though I guess I wouldn't really know. I've written other parts of the config on this new base station so I know that it's some procedural issue with the Verizon or the linking causing the issue - when I reset the base station, it can be seen again, but is a default config.

Anyone know how to do this? I really want to be able to use AirTunes and browse the web at the same time, which means Express here needs to make friends with Verizon.

Merci beaucoup in advance.

2. PLin macrumors 6502

Does the light on the Airport Express change to green a few minutes after you save the configuration? That's how you know if it has successfully connected to your FIOS router.

3. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

No, it never reconnects and the base station is not visible after restart... nothing ever turns green.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

Have you tried hard wiring the laptop to the express?
    I've found this works best while setting things up. Once everyone is playing happy, you can disconnect.