AirTunes Keeps Randomly Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VerdeVivir, Jul 7, 2009.

1. VerdeVivir macrumors newbie

I stream my iTunes library wirelessly to an Airport Express in the other room. A few months ago I had problems with it cutting out all the time. The music would just stop streaming and then a few minutes later would kick back in. The green light stayed on.

I chalked up the problem to an old wireless router that was really starting to act up, so I upgraded to a Time Capsule with Airport for a seamless Apple network. Now I've got my iMac hooked up to my Time Capsule and the Airport Express in my wireless network and it is starting to cut out again.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone solve it?

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

proabably interference from somewhere, mine also dies when i run the microwave.

try changing the channel, it might help. If there are a lot of wireless networks around, use something like istumbler to see what channels they are on, and try and avoid them. You need to be 5 channels away to completely avoid overlap (so 1 & 5 overlap a bit, but 1 & 6 do not)

4. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

I just wanted to chime in and say I noticed the microwave thing tonight. I don't ever recall it happening before this, but earlier I was listening to the Dead Weather album and I thought it was part of the song, and realized it was my computer or speakers acting up. After reading this post, I see that it was my pizza's fault lol.