Airtunes stuttering music when transmitting high volume

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sam.walker22, Nov 6, 2010.

1. sam.walker22, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

sam.walker22 macrumors member

sam.walker22

Just bought an airport express, set it up fine, but when I try and play music from itunes on a high volume, the music stutters as it plays out the speakers.

It only does it when itunes is set on a high volume, doesn't matter what volume level I physically turn it up to on the actual speakers.

They're not the best speakers, just the ones I was using with my old desktop pc. Could they be the problem? Im planning on buying some more expensive speakers soon, but I wouldn't of thought cheap speakers would cause stuttering, just that crappy tingy sound quality when you turn it up loud.

Any ideas?

Edit: Just tried turning my speakers down to a low volume and itunes to full and that worked fine... It seems that after a certain level of volume, the speakers stutter no matter whether its itunes playing loud music or the speakers turning itunes quiet music into loud music.. weird :S

It might also be worth noting that my speakers dont plug into the wall, they are powered by usb which i've plugged into the airport express.

2. sam.walker22 thread starter macrumors member

sam.walker22

Solved it!

Since the speakers were powered by the USB on the airport express, it was making it stutter. Plugged the usb into another usb power outlet and worked fine :D