Airtunes use with Bose Lifestyle systems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mjgiardina, Apr 2, 2008.

1. mjgiardina macrumors newbie

I recently bought a Bose Lifestyle 28 Series III Home Theater system and tried to stream my Airtunes through it but it wouldn't work.

In my old received I simply hooked the monster cable from the airport express to the CD input of my receiver and it worked fine. With the Bose system I tried hooking it into the VCR input with no luck. Does anyone have experience with Airtunes and Bose Lifestyle systems?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It shouldn't matter what you're connecting to, as long as you've got the AirPort Express connected to audio-in jacks and have the correct input set on the audio system. AirTunes does nothing more than send music through the cables just like any other audio connection.

3. mjgiardina thread starter macrumors newbie

Airtunes use with Bose Lifestyle

That is what I thought but when I plugged the cords into the audio jacks of the VCR input the Bose system just gave feedback and the Bose interface said "no video input detected". I called Bose to inquire but they didn't even know what Airport Express was.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

If there is an Aux input on the Bose use that instead. Sounds to me that if you input anything into the VCR jacks that it will expect to see a video signal as well.

I looked at some pics when I googled it and looks like there is an AUX jack in the back. you need a stereo mini -> dual RCA (1-red, 1-white) to come from Airport Express to the BOSE.

Sorry if you knew that already.

Peace:cool:

5. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Not Lifestyle, but I have an Airport Express hooked up to the aux input of a Bose 3.2.1 GS and it works fine.

6. mjgiardina thread starter macrumors newbie

Airtunes use with Bose Lifestyle

Ok I will try the Aux. I have my Xbox 360 hooked into the Aux now so hopefully that will work in the VCR input. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help

7. horseboy macrumors newbie

Same Problem with V20

Yeah I have the same problem with the V20. Plug the red n white into the auxilory and just get brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Was a solution found? I have a call in with Bose at the moment.