Airtunes, Wireless Speakers and Airport Express: A Reality?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by live4mark, Jul 24, 2008.

1. live4mark macrumors member

Hi all ... I have an Airport Extreme Base Station that I use to wirelessly connect my iMac and pc to the internet and a common printer. Last week, I purchased the Airport Express (AE) to allow for me to play the music from my iTunes library (on the iMac) on some speakers in my backyard during a party. I wound up purchasing some decent computer speakers and connected them to the AE via a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Ideally, I want to purchase some really good, wireless outdoor speakers, but I do not know how I would be able to utilize the AE in conjunction with a wireless speaker system. Again, my understanding is that a 3.5 mm stereo jack connecting the speakers to the AE is required to enable Airtunes to play via the AE.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can get Airtunes to play through the AE over wireless speakers without the stereo jack? Are there any wireless speakers that include a subwoofer that would connect to the AE via the 3.5mm stereo jack and then transmit to the speakers via bluetooth?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Pretty simple. The receiver (for the wireless speakers) would plug into the Airport Express (AE) and then you could put the wireless speakers where ever you wanted. What is the issue with that?