Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I already know the answer to this querry is probably 'no', but I thought I'd check because Apple products tend have a handful of bonus features attached to them.

I know you can use bluetooth to hook up to speakers, but what about just using Airport Express? I know you can use the Apple Remote with iTunes, but I'm talking about just playing the music from your iPad.

Possible?

tarz4n

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
Their ipod in ipad guided tours said something like "play music through buil-in speaker, headphones OR throughout you home"

That defiantly sounded like it could use Airport Express / AppleTV.

But no.. :(

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Hopefully this is something they will add. Who knows, maybe they will show an improved iPod app tomorrow?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Wouldn't you rather have full access to iTunes on your Mac and play music through the Remote app than actually stream the limited selection you have on your iPad and cause extra resource and battery drain by keeping that connection live.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Wouldn't you rather have full access to iTunes on your Mac and play music through the Remote app than actually stream the limited selection you have on your iPad and cause extra resource and battery drain by keeping that connection live.

I would rather have the option of both. Personally I think they should combine the Remote and iPod apps.

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
My library isn't really that big... the playlist that I regularly listen to is actually only about 300 songs.

The thing is that the remote doesn't wake up my computer and I like the idea of having a nice cover display on the iPad docked in my kitchen or living room while the music is playing. Just one of the little somethings I'd like to see in this novelty as I consider whether or not I want to piddle away the money on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.