AirVideo Enabler?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Travisimo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I remember reading about this tweak late last year, but have not heard much about it recently. It's available to download in Cydia right now, but I wanted to check here first before trying it out. It basically lets you send video from your iOS device to your Apple TV from any application, not just the Youtube app. I really like Airplay and use it a lot by sending videos to the AppleTV. However, I was wondering if this tweak works for sending your videos from the Camera/Photos app to the ATV? Or does it only work in Safari?

I guess with 4.3 right around the corner, this is supposed to be more robust anyway, but I'm not sure how quickly we Jailbreakers will be able to upgrade to 4.3?

http://www.shoutpedia.com/airplay-safari-airvideo-enabler-7050/

2. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

AirHomeVideo is what you are looking for.

3. Travisimo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like this one is a stand-alone app that allow you to play/record videos that you've taken on the phone through an Apple TV. The one I was referring to above is a free tweak downloadable from Cydia called "AirVideoEnabler" and it says it can stream to an Apple TV from any app (but that all of them might not work right).

I just wanted to get some feedback on it before installing it since I haven't found any recent news about it.

4. bripab007 macrumors 6502

5. Travisimo thread starter macrumors 6502a