AJA System Test on Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeo21, Jul 21, 2011.

1. romeo21 macrumors newbie

cant get AJA to scan my ssd on lion is anyone else having this problem?

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

3. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Rosetta is no longer available in Lion, so any PowerPC applications are no longer compatible.

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Too bad Aja is a Universal app then. It is not PPC. Something else is up.

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    so what app is every1 using in lion??

cheers

Johnny

6. Bossieman macrumors newbie

I use Disk Speed Test (Free Appstore),

7. romeo21 thread starter macrumors newbie

iv resolved it, basically Lion has set my HDD as read only and has taken my admin right off the drive so AJA cant right to it, all you need to do is ad yourself as admin!

8. Heavertron macrumors regular

Is this one of new security features of lion? Is it better to wait for developers to update software, rather than over-ride permissions this way?

9. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Hidden Library folder. Abstracted view of HDD in Finder. Can't write to the root. Even their desktop pics are locked against editing. iOS like control over your OS is starting to show itself. I give apple 2 more releases before the file system is entirely hidden like iOS. Everyone will have to jailbreak their 3000.00 computer. Greed and grandma have won. No place for me:(
    I will soon be on Linux. *** public companies.

10. snowboarder macrumors 6502

Agree, won't even touch lion with a stick.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

It wouldn't surprise me. Security experts have long advised doing daily tasks as a "user" rather than an admin.

12. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

So when I checked and verified my account is an Admin account and it still doesn't work...what do I do? :rolleyes:

13. mds1256 macrumors regular

quick and dirty way of getting it to work is to right click on your drive in Finder and get info.

Under security at the bottom give 'Everyone' read and write access, it is default to read only.

This will fix it

14. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

This is not a good work around just so you can see how fast your hard drive is running. It's a security risk to give everyone read and write access to your system.

Does anyone else know of a Lion compatible disk speed test besides AJA and "Diskspeed Test"?? Neither of those work well with lion.

15. ArmanUV macrumors member

True. Changing the permissions on / is a security risk. But you only have to benchmark one or twice, right? Change the permissions, run AJA and then change it right back.
    You can also try Quick Bench. AFAIK, QuickBench is the only mac app that gives you small read and write benchmarks (4K and up). It's not free though.