Al Gore - Apple?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
"Hi, Ed? It's Gary. You know those 100 shares of Apple my mother left me?"

"Um, we're gonna have to sell that."

I can't believe as a shareholder I didn't know this. Big derr for Gary.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I don't remember when exactly this was, but I believe it was about 6 months back. You guys aren't monitoring this website closely enough ;)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I remember when he became a member of the board. It was much longer ago than 6 months, but not even close to a decade ago. Maybe 3 or 4 years. I wasn't a Mac user at the time, but I still remember hearing about it.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
mduser63 said:
I remember when he became a member of the board. It was much longer ago than 6 months, but not even close to a decade ago. Maybe 3 or 4 years. I wasn't a Mac user at the time, but I still remember hearing about it.
Looks like a little over two years. Linky

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Maybe now people will believe me when I tell them I've lost the ability to keep track of time over the last few years :p

Bad_JuJu

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
North of Kalifornia
Don't want to get political here - but what Gore did quietly over several years(late '80s) as a Senator was insturmental in getting extra funding for work on the old DARPA net so that we could all chit-chat and share information and create whole new industries --- he was just looking forward and QUIETLY doing good public service work ----- I'd give alot to have dozens more of dedicated democrats AND republicans in the Senate and House putting the peoples and the countries benefits ahead of political spin and tit for tat BS that passes for "public service these days"

He chose some clumsy words to describe this critical work --- and was hung out to dry

tykles

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2004
Colorado
Bad_JuJu said:
Don't want to get political here - but what Gore did quietly over several years(late '80s) as a Senator was insturmental in getting extra funding for work on the old DARPA net so that we could all chit-chat and share information and create whole new industries --- he was just looking forward and QUIETLY doing good public service work ----- I'd give alot to have dozens more of dedicated democrats AND republicans in the Senate and House putting the peoples and the countries benefits ahead of political spin and tit for tat BS that passes for "public service these days"

He chose some clumsy words to describe this critical work --- and was hung out to dry
Well said- I second the sentiment :)

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
rosalindavenue said:
Nice job. I think you meant to type "invent." The claims that Al Gore said he "invented the internet" are false and politically motivated-- read this link. But a hearty megadittos to you anyway. :D
yeah, I never said I could type. ;)

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
Bad_JuJu said:
--- he was just looking forward and QUIETLY doing good public service work ----- I'd give alot to have dozens more of dedicated democrats AND republicans in the Senate and House putting the peoples and the countries benefits ahead of political spin and tit for tat BS that passes for "public service these days"

Well, let's be fair, Al Gore did some questionable things at the expense of others that directly benefitted him as well- just like all politicians. Just research the sale of the Occidental Petroleum reserve he orchestrated, while serving as Vice President... This deal benefitted him, as a share holder, in financial ways most of us can only dream of, yet has proven to be a terrible loss for America... I'm just presenting the other side without getting all political, seems in politics there's always layer upon layer of sh$t to uncover. Sadly, no one seems to be quite the angel some believe. But on a brighter note, most aren't the animals others would lead us to believe as well. Everyone in sports, and politics lies.;-)

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.