Al I want for XMas is MMS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daremo, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

viewmymessage.com is slowly killing me. I have friends and family that use MMS a lot, and I'm beyond aggravated with the way we are forced to view images sent via MMS. Apple, come one already, fix this please!

Sorry... Rant over.

2. ~J~ macrumors 6502

/reopen rant

I want this too. And the ability to send a msg to multiple people. And I know there are lots more people with iPhones who want these 2 features as well.

ok.

/end rant (again)

3. studentmac macrumors regular

Am I the only person who doesn't use MMS?

If I want to send a picture to someone, i'll just email it...more freedom and cheaper.

4. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

Yeah I use MMS um... never.... Yeah I really don't care if this ever gets added, all I want is iChat (that uses internet and not texts). Texts annoy me as well so I just get the minimum amount.

5. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

I want it to RECEIVE images. I have many family members and friends, who don't have email on their phones, and use MMS to send images all the time. Using the horrid viewmymessage website is just so painful to use. If you use it or not, or even want it or not, It's a basic feature we should have. :(

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Same here. For those of us over the age of 16 I think this isn't really an issue...

7. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Yeh, I couldn't care less about MMS, Copy and Paste i prefer more.

8. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

For ONE example, my mother who is much older then 16, enjoys the connivence of MMS to send and receive images of her grandkids. She's not a computer / email savvy person, but can easily enjoy a basic feature like this.

Not every use for this feature is for 16 year old texting kiddies. I'm probably old enough to be your father. :D

9. TimJim macrumors 6502a

MMS is better, my friends i send pictures to dont check their email every second, if they get an MMS, they have a notification, then they text/mms me back.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Who is Al and how can he provide MMS capability to the iPhone?

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Things i want are:

Multiple recipients capability in SMS as well as support for draft messaging, i like composing txts whilst on the tube (subway?) to send as soon as i get out automatically.

Speaking of messaging. It would be nice to have one inbox/trash/draft/that consolidates all other mailboxes in mail and pulls everything from each mailbox into one place. Also support for multiple deleting/marking as read etc.

Basically just improve messaging as a whole

Finally video recording.

12. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Ok, I used to say MMS was something I didn't need.

However, I'd like to see it now.

1) People send me MMS and I can't view them in a nice way.

2) On vacations, people want me to MMS them, and it is quicker than emailing their MMS email address thingy for whatever provider they have.

13. nyboilermaker macrumors member

I never cared about MMS until I got my iPhone. It's not a huge deal unless you don't have it.

My Treo's had it, my crappy flip phone had it.

And who makes up these Msg IDs?! We're not logging into the Pentagon!

Grrrrrrrrr,
    JD

P.S. After the Quicken announcement, I'm thinking about going back to my Treo. I love to watch movies on the plane, but not this much.

14. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'd guess February that we'll get this. Announced, perhaps, at Macworld in Jan?

Not for xmas though.

btw. I never use MMS but others obviously do.

15. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I definitely get annoyed with the viewmymessage website. I hate how it sends you this crazy name and password. You then have to write it down since there is no copy and paste on the iPhone, and then go to the page, and type the stuff in. Plus I hate how you can't save the picture someone sends you to the phone and use it as their caller ID photo. I used to use MMS maybe once a month on my Razr, but I liked that I could. That phone was a piece of crap and it had it, yet the iPhone doesn't have MMS. I just don't understand why Apple would exclude MMS and multiple recipients for SMS. That is something that basically every current and cheap cell phone has.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

In these (almost 6 months) I have only needed to use viewmymessgae once. Don't need MMS, don't want it. I don't even think I ever used it on my Treo and in fact I couldn't tell you if the Treo even had MMS.

17. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

euheum..

the song goes "all I want for christmas is you" but i think you could make a remix outta it`..

18. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

ok ill i want for x-mas is these annoying rant people to shut it! apple will add it later...its software updates!

19. afd macrumors 6502a

Whenever anyone on this forum dates to suggest they would like MMS they are guaranteed to get multiple replies from people saying "I don't need MMS/I never get MMS/emailing a photo is better than MMS/you can email a photo to their mobile number. I agree with the OP, I want MMS for crimbo too!
    The decision to leave out MMS is just bizarre, and people finding the need to defend the lack of it is even more bizarre! My iPhone is the best phone I've ever had, I love it, would not go back to any other phone, but I am not about to say it lacks certain features. No-one else I know has an iphone so I get sent a few. MMSs and have to go to o2s site to read them , I'm pretty fed up with this after only a month. Would be very happy of apple released a MMS upgrade for Christmas, but I think we'll have to wait for the SDK.
    Another feature I'd like is the ability to save a picture from an email (or MMS) to the photos app.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I had been under the impression that I could send MMS via the telephone#.carrier.net but apparently that doesn't work either. So I want MMS & I want to open other threads to discuss my rants!

21. afd macrumors 6502a

to be fair the phone has been available since June, and was anounced January. That's quite a while without any major upgrades.

22. snook911 macrumors 6502a

If you are in the uk go check the web apps at apple.com. There is MMs reader there that I here works pretty good. We can't use a web app here in the states because AT&T's website for viewing MMS is flash. That was good planning.:rolleyes:

Edit: Here is a link to a thread I started about it a while back.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=396744&highlight=mms+web+app

23. afd macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that link. You have to ask why o2 didn't write something similar though!

24. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

I know, how stupid to think people would post a topic related to the iPhone, on the iPhone forum! How dare they!

There's an amazing feature you have built into your brain already, that doesn't require any software updates! It's called "skip" and and means you don't have to look at the threads or even post in them if you don't want to! Cool huh? You don't even need to activate it! Try it! You may become a happier person! :D

Now, back to my POINT which it seems a lot of people keep missing, the main reason I want MMS is to avoid that HORRIBLE viewmymessage site.