al macbook on a samsung ln40a650

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by koopa35, Apr 15, 2009.

1. koopa35 macrumors 6502

i need some quick help. im trying to set up my al macbook to my 40 inch samsung 1080p set. im going mini display to hdmi. now my problem is the browser from the tv display back to the mac display.

mac says 1280x800 but when i plug into sammy i have to resize the browser to fit screen. is there a way to set it up so on the tv i can have fullscreen and on the mac have fullscreen. right now when i go back to the mac the browser is all the way to the right. and to get it normal i have to drag browser on the tv to the left. its a pain.

oh by the way im using in clamshell mode.

2. waremaster macrumors 6502

I am not entirely sure what you are saying but I will take a stab at the issue. I have a sammy 40" 1080p tv as well great tv btw.. In the settings of the tv there is an option for full aspect or something similar I can't remember off the top of my head but it is basically 1:1 pixel mapping for true 1920x1080 res out of a computer or other source.

3. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

Which set do u have. I don't see that option. Sorry if the post didn't make sense. When I make the browser cover the whole screen on the Sammy. It's fine. But once I go back to using mac screenthe far right side of the browser is not on screen. So I have no search bar. The only way to get it right is to drag it to the left of the screen which will make it center on the Mac screen

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you want to see the same thing on both screens, you'll have to turn on screen mirroring.

If you're having screen filling issues on the Samsung, cycle through the "picture size" using the remote until you get to "Just Scan"

5. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

to all that helped thanx.. the issue was not with scanning at all. i just forgot safari doesnt have a fullscreen mode. i tested firefox and it worked the correct way..

6. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

now that my issue is half solved i have a few more questions.

1. does anyone know of a good app this will display computer temp on the status bar

2. is there anyway to setup a screen profile while using macbook in clamshell mode.

right now if i resize the screen to fill the who 40' when i go back to mbook half of safari is all the way to the right of the screen.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Temp in menubar: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21767

Screen profile for TV: if you mean calibrate it, then yes. You'd do it the same as you do the internal screen, just make sure to select the TV. If you mean how to use the computer in clamshell mode, you'll have to connect both a mouse and keyboard in prior to shutting it. I believe it'll wake upon moving the mouse.

8. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

i found an app for the temp. clamshell mode i got working. its just since s4 still doesnt have fullscreen browsing. i have to strech to fillin tv screen. but when i go back to macbook the browser is not right. but no worries thanx for all of the help.:cool: