Al. PBook G4 17" Mod Plan: WaterBooK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reigner, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Reigner macrumors newbie

I'm using a PB G4 1.67 GHz running OS X 10.3.9 and Kubuntu Linux 8.04. Because I love water so much, I'm planning on making an aqua-themed PowerBook, making whatever I could blue/aqua. That goes to installing Kubuntu Linux, Unsanity's Shapeshifter, ClearDock, some icons, and my handmade wallpapers. All I need to do is paint the casing some shade of blue and decal it with a large K.

My grandfather's house has some spray paint. But I'm not sure if I should use it on metal. Any of ya'll have any ideas?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I would just buy a blue speckon case for it. You would not want to use spray paint. It you wanted to paint it you would have to air brush or powder coat.

3. Reigner thread starter macrumors newbie

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I'm sure you can find some local shop that powdercoats rims to powdercoat your PB casing any color you want or a house color for less then $100. Would be much better the spray painting it.

If you wanted to go fully custom, you could cut out the aluminum around the Apple into the shape of a "K", buy some clear/frosted acrylic to fit in that "K" to make the "K" backlit instead of an Apple.