Alan Wake.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by waloshin, Aug 8, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Who has it, who likes it and who dislikes it? And why?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Had it at launch, finished it shortly after, it was good.....

Very much like Max Payne I thought, just replace city and hoodlums with Forrest and ghost zombie things.

Couldn't be bothered to wait for the free DLC after finishing it so I traded it in...

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I've never played it. What's it like? Is it an RPG or more of an action game?

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Action adventure. More like Max Payne x Silent Hill hybrid.

The story will keep you playing, but the ending is typical of the genre. Left wide open for a sequel.

5. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Sounds cool :)

Yeah, I can imagine. Stuff like that happens a lot in films as well. Cliff-hanging ending almost.

6. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I rented it and really liked it. It's really short so paying $60 or even $40 is completely out of the question in my opinion. Once it is a greatest hits game at $20 then there is no reason for anyone not to try it.

It really reminded me of a next-gen Resident Evil 4, even more-so than Resident Evil 5. And believe it or not, this game can actually be kind of scary in some points. The atmosphere is really well-done, but some technical short-comings (especially with the animations) keep Alan Wake from being even in the discussion of game of the year.

7. radleywotson macrumors newbie

Alan Wake is a game that grabs you as soon as it starts. The first thing to note is that this game looks absolutely beautiful. Voice quality is one of the best I have heard in any game. About Alan Wake is credible. And the most important story is excellent.