Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Alan Wake.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Who has it, who likes it and who dislikes it? And why?

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Had it at launch, finished it shortly after, it was good.....

Very much like Max Payne I thought, just replace city and hoodlums with Forrest and ghost zombie things.

Couldn't be bothered to wait for the free DLC after finishing it so I traded it in...

Comment

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I've never played it. What's it like? Is it an RPG or more of an action game?

Comment

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Action adventure. More like Max Payne x Silent Hill hybrid.

The story will keep you playing, but the ending is typical of the genre. Left wide open for a sequel.

Comment

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
I rented it and really liked it. It's really short so paying $60 or even $40 is completely out of the question in my opinion. Once it is a greatest hits game at $20 then there is no reason for anyone not to try it.

It really reminded me of a next-gen Resident Evil 4, even more-so than Resident Evil 5. And believe it or not, this game can actually be kind of scary in some points. The atmosphere is really well-done, but some technical short-comings (especially with the animations) keep Alan Wake from being even in the discussion of game of the year.

Comment

radleywotson

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
Alan Wake is a game that grabs you as soon as it starts. The first thing to note is that this game looks absolutely beautiful. Voice quality is one of the best I have heard in any game. About Alan Wake is credible. And the most important story is excellent.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.