Alarm and 2 watches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bigdog9586, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Bigdog9586 macrumors 6502

i have a 5:30am set on both watches for everyday but ones on the charger while I wear one. Switch every day or 2 as needed. Is there anyway to keep the one on the charger from ringing in the morning as it’s in another room. I have them set for everyday because I’d forget to turn them on half the time. I have the nightscreen set to off but I see no other way of defeating this. Any ideas?

2. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Interesting question. Are you setting the alarm on the phone or on the watch? Maybe after the one has been charged, you power it off until it's time to switch?

3. Bigdog9586 thread starter macrumors 6502

Setting on watches. It leads you to believe if you turn off nightstand mode it won’t go off but that’s wrong. Turning it off after charged is kind of inconvenient.

4. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I also have a 2nd watch but have not tested this this, it may be worth your time. I set my alarm on the phone and get haptic feedback on the watch because my watch is set to silent. Since you can only have one paired watch at a time, having the alarm set on your phone might send the alarm to the paired watch, not the one that is unpaired.

5. Bigdog9586 thread starter macrumors 6502

But then instead of 2 watches going off I have a watch and phone.

6. 0970373 Suspended

But you can silence the phone alarm through the watch simultaneously to the watch that is paired. So it isn't like you'd have to do it on both devices. I also have 2 watches, I kept my S2 and use it mainly for sleep tracking and I no longer have to reach for my phone to turn off my morning alarm. I just do it on my watch even though the alarms were set on the iPhone. My main AW is still on the charger and does not go off.

7. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

This is what I was getting at but neglected to point out. Alarm goes off on my phone and I can either turn it off on phone or on watch. Since my watch is set to silent, I only hear the alarm from my phone but I feel it on the watch which is on my wrist.

8. Bigdog9586 thread starter macrumors 6502

That’s true didn’t think about that. May try that.

9. Bigdog9586 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok after a few days of wearing both watches, different nights if I set the alarm on the phone instead of the watch all works as I want. Only the watch on my wrist sounds the alarm instead of both watches when I had both of them set. Thanks for the help n