Alarm Bug?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tardman91, Sep 27, 2017.

1. tardman91 macrumors 65816

tardman91

On my Apple Watch I have alarms set for a few minutes before each class period ends so I can have my students start cleaning up and be ready for the bell. It's always popped up and I hit end. Ever since the update to Watch OS 4 it's popped up, I hit end, and sometimes it pops up with a notification that just says "Alarm" and I have to hit the dismiss button on the bottom, much like all the other notifications. I haven't noticed if it's always the same alarms, or if it's just hit or miss, but it's kind of annoying. Anyone else noticed funny stuff since the update? Also, these alarms are only on the watch, not also on my phone.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Sounds like a bug. The alarm notification should come only from your phone. If you don't have alarm there then it's definitely a bug.
    One thing you can do is turn off your alarm notification on the phone.

3. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 65816

tardman91

It never comes from my phone. The alarm is only set on the watch. I'm stopping the alarm on my watch (as I've done for over a year), and then getting a notification (that needs to be dismissed) on the watch as well, since updating to OS 4.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

I set several alarms just on my watch and everything worked as advertised. SS series 2 with OS4. I did not get what you noted. Silent alarm went off. Dismissed and it went away.

5. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 65816

tardman91

I may try to delete them and set them up again. I had to unpair my watch and repair it with my new phone. I think some things may have been lost in translation between OS updates and switching phones.

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

What I'm saying is the alarm notification, the one that has Dismiss button, would only come from (alarm on) the phone.

7. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 65816

tardman91

Gotcha. There's no alarms set on the phone.