Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drsnoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
The most annoying thing for me in IOS is a vibration when alarm clock wakes me up. I have a nice music, but phone buzzing on a shelf next to my head makes me a heart attack :mad:
Can anybody verify, if there is an option to disable vibration in alarm clock in IOS 8, while it is still enabled for normal calls?
Or maybe there is an option to disable vibration while phone has connected charger?

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
The most annoying thing for me in IOS is a vibration when alarm clock wakes me up. I have a nice music, but phone buzzing on a shelf next to my head makes me a heart attack :mad:
Can anybody verify, if there is an option to disable vibration in alarm clock in IOS 8, while it is still enabled for normal calls?
Or maybe there is an option to disable vibration while phone has connected charger?

So frustrating huh!

fryrice

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Boston, MA
wow i am glad im not the only one that notice this issue.

i'll try to update to iOS 8 tonight and see if this function is enable "disable vibration for alarms"

i have been using the app "sleep cycle" and it doesn't vib when the alarm rings.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
wow i am glad im not the only one that notice this issue.

i'll try to update to iOS 8 tonight and see if this function is enable "disable vibration for alarms"

i have been using the app "sleep cycle" and it doesn't vib when the alarm rings.

Not possible.

sparky1499

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
Glasgow, UK
ku-xlarge.jpg

Attachments

• ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 288

2TC

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
Canada
It's reliant on your overall vibration settings. You can always turn off "Vibrate on Ring" under Sounds, and this will stop it from vibrating when the alarm goes off.

dcholman

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
Me too. Hey Apple, listen to us users please!

I hope someone on the Apple IOS development team listens to us and finds the alarm vibration as annoying as we all do. They could very easily put in a "allow vibration" switch for each alarm that would allow us to selectively enable or disable vibration on each alarm we create in the IOS "clock" application. I set my volue very low as I get up at 4:50am to get a workout in before work. It is quiet enough to not wake my wife, but loud enough for me to awaken. But the vibrator on my new iPhone 5S is SO FREAKIN LOUD that it jolts us both awake even though it is on the carpeted floor on my side of the bed.

PLEASE FIX THIS APPLE!!!!!!!!

jamiebrown6

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2013
You could use another alarm clock app (there are 100s) from the app store - doesn't have to be the stock clock app.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
PLEASE FIX THIS APPLE!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the folks at Apple are reading this very thread with baited breath and scrambling a team to expedite this issue at your bequest. (I think it was the all caps and exclamation points that did it.)

You could use another alarm clock app (there are 100s) from the app store - doesn't have to be the stock clock app.

Except that they must be running in the foreground, and thus they disable Do Not Disturb.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Settings, General, Sounds,
Turn Vibrate on Ring off
Leave Vibrate on Silent on

Your Alarm will sound on both silent and ring with no vibration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.