alarm clock app is now useless for 3G users?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estrabil, Jan 1, 2012.

1. estrabil macrumors newbie

Similar to last January 1st, my alarm clock on my iPhone 3G did not work. I've become aware that the alarm functions normally on an iOS beyond 4.2.1, which unfortunately is beyond the upper limit of capability for my 3G (I guess it's a relic now). Do I really need to get a new phone just to get the alarm clock to work? Is there any other way? My 3G is still serving its purpose and I'd rather not pay for a new phone if I don't have to. Thanks for any assistance.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

There aren't any free 3rd party alarm clock apps that you can DL?

I surely hope I'm not bringing this to your attention for the first time....

3. estrabil thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, thanks. I've only used the clock app until now, didn't have to download a 3rd party app for it. I suppose that would be cheaper than purchasing a new phone. Cheers.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I do feel for ya, it's kinda crappy that you have to workaround a problem this silly. With that said while I've never used a 3rd party clock/alarm app I've heard there are some good ones out there. Good luck!