Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben824

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
GA
Ok I have had an iPhone since 2007 with the original and every iPhone I have had since has exhibited this same problem. I will set the alarm on my iPhone and yes I go back to check and make sure that is was either am or pm, and it has always been set right but it just decided to not go off. I have narrowed it down to I believe it happens when I set it after midnight, for early morning, within about 6 hours of when I set it. It just won't go off. Now it isn't predictable so I can't make it do it. But since my first iPhone in 2007 I have had this problem happen to me maybe 20 times. And of course it has made me late to class and now WORK! I have to set a back-up alarm now to prevent from not getting up on time. Anyone else had their iPhone just not go off when set correctly?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I haven't ever had a problem with my iPhone alarm. Perhaps you should look for a new one in the App store.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I too have had every iPhone since the original and have never seen this happen. I have used the alarm probably a thousand times over the years. It never fails.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I THINK I've experienced the problem before on my old iPhone 4. There were times where I'd still be asleep and to wake up to an alarm that never went off. Sometimes I set it to PM by mistake but I don't believe there were times where it just never went off. The reason why it's so foggy because majority of the time I wake up before my alarms.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Is your phone with Verizon? If so, I've had my alarm not go off twice and the reason why is because its a clock problem. Twice when this happened my phone displayed the incorrect time at least an hour behind.

Verizon blames Apple and Apple blames Verizon. Positive it's a Verizon problem though.

Never mind. I see now you said since 2007.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.