Alarm clock bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MRSooner, Dec 3, 2014.

1. MRSooner macrumors newbie

My wife and I both had two alarms set for this morning on our iPhones and none of them went off. I specifically remember setting mine as does she. When we woke up this morning the alarms were off.

I am on iOS 8.1.1 and she is using iOS 8.0.1. We both have iPhone 6's.

This is the second time it has happened to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Alarms are working fine on 5s on 8.1.1. Is your volume loud enough? Is it possible for those two night the phone was muted?

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I had a bug where I had a repeating alarm at 6:00AM, and I turned it off. However, it still kept going off everyday at 6:00AM; I had to delete the alarm and add it again.

Point being; unfortunately, there are bugs in the Clock App. If you're problem is repeatable, contact Apple.

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Alarm clock bug?

The alarm still rings when the phone is on silent. And when you have DND set as well.

5. Gaary macrumors newbie

Since iOS 8 the alarm clock no longer repeats the alarm until you turn it off, it only plays once. For me I would tend to sleep through or fall back asleep after the song ended and for awhile I couldn't figure out if the alarm was actually working or what was going on with it. Maybe this is what's happening to you or something else but either way I eventually just stopped relying on it because of the bugginess. I now use Sleep Cycle which will stay active even if the app is closed or not in the foreground like most other 3rd parties, it works great and hasn't failed me yet.

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

My alarm repeats every morning as long as you hit the snooze button. Never had any issues on iOS 8.

Do you have snooze enabled on your alarm?

7. Gaary macrumors newbie

It used to keep repeating the track or tone over and over until you interact with it, nothing to do with snooze. Now it plays it only 1 time and stops, when you look at it all you see is the Alarm lock screen swipe to turn off or tap to snooze.

8. Tanax macrumors 6502a

I also have issues.
    I usually snooze the alarm for a while. Then when getting up, I swipe the "timer" on the lock-screen and manually turn off the alarms before they "snooze" again.

However, this don't seem to always turn off the alarms as they continue their timer even after turning them off..

9. azhava macrumors regular

I just tried it on mine (6+ on 8.1.1). Tone continuously plays over and over again like it always has, I finally shut it off after five minutes. Seems to be working as it's supposed to.

10. polaxgr1 macrumors newbie

polaxgr1

Same problem. It doesnt do it all the times i set an alarm clock. But even it is very annoying. I got a 6+ 8.1 jb.

Attached Files: