Alarm Clock not sounding

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by KisakiSama, Oct 9, 2014.

1. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

A few times over the last couple of weeks, since getting my iPhone 6, I've noticed my alarm clock hasn't been sounding like it should. I sleep with my phone in do not disturb mode, but this was never a problem on iOS 7. In the morning, when I go into alarms, they're turned off as if they had sounded, but they never did. I tried deleting all of my old alarms and setting them again, but this only helped for one day; this morning, none of them went off.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any possible solutions?

Thanks in advance!

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Do you have anything set/connected via AirPlay? Check the slide-up controller to see if AirPlay is set to push audio through a different device.

But, no problem with alarms here. Use my iP6P daily as my alarm clock.

3. KisakiSama thread starter macrumors member

KisakiSama

Nope.. I don't even have bluetooth turned on. It's very strange, since most days it's been working fine. It just seems kind of random (I have a couple of alarms, and a few days one would sound but the other wouldn't).

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Maybe set your alarm for a minute after the Do not Disturb time to see if that is the problem.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Settings > sounds > ringers & alerts

Make sure the volume is all the way up.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It's a weird iOS bug. I've had trouble with alarms since iOS 6. I have to set new alarms every night on my iPhone 5 in order for it to go off. Of course my boyfriend would say I just don't hear them. But there were times I would wake up just before my alarm and watch it go off with no sound.