Alarm Clock not working in 8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Alphabetize, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

I am running iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus and I have a number of alarm clocks set up on it to go off throughout the day.

Very recently I noticed that the alarms that I have set up for the morning don't go off. I triple checked all of the settings, and they should be working. I've also turned the Ringer Volume up all the way, and still nothing. When I finally wake up and check my iPhone, there is no message that an alarm had ever gone off.

However, once I hit the sleep/wake button, and begin using my iPhone, the alarms that I have set later in the day seem to go off as scheduled.

Anyone else having issues with the iPhone alarm clock?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I can confirm the feature does work as I wake up every morning to my alarm. Have you tried just restarting your phone?

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I set at least 30 alarms in morning and the sleepy me likes to press the the lock button to make it quite again. My alarms work

4. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Same. No issues on iP6+ with 8.1. My phone is my only alarm clock.

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

The only thing I can recommend is deleting the alarms and starting over. I have never heard of this problem. Hope this works!

6. luisgarcia87 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Hey, you're not alone, my recurrent alarm for waking me up in the morning (8:30 am) never work, but the later alarms 7:20pm always work and they're also recurrent, one day I woke up before the alarm just to see what happens, and I saw when the time changed from 8:29am to 8:30 the screen turned on but no message/sound/vibrate happend just the screen turning on and after a few seconds off again and that was it...

Did you solve your problem?

7. daytona macrumors regular

daytona

Is there a clock in the iPhone 6 or does one have to install an app?

8. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

It's built in

9. daytona macrumors regular

daytona

TY

I did find it hidden in another app window ... my bad. But, I am reading that it is not that good and I should be searching for an app for the alarm.

10. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I've had the built in and bought. I always go back to stock one.

11. daytona macrumors regular

daytona

K....appreciate the input. I have not used an alarm clock for MANY years. But this time I just need a backup from my internal alarm clock.

12. Wolf2000 macrumors newbie

Same problem here - have no solution to fix the alarm... in some cases it works perfectly... in others not... hopefully there will be a fix fot that or a solution

13. Wolf2000 macrumors newbie

It seems i found the appropriate solution for me to fix the issue with the alarm.
    After updating to 8.1.1 and installing all tweaks again it seems the issue descriped above depends on ischeduler! I deactivated it and the bahaviour of the alarm was normal today...

looking forward for the next days...
    Hopefully this hind will help you guys ;)

14. gyles macrumors newbie

I understood your feelings now! May be your alarm sound speaker isn't working right now. Shake it 2-3 times and restart your phone again. Let's see when happen.

Thanks!!!