Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NativeTxn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
I am looking for an alarm clock app that does the following:

1) Can set alarm volume independently of phone's volume setting (i.e. I can have the phone's volume all the way up, but can set the alarm so that it will go off at half volume).

2) Works with the screen off/locked and the app running in background only (i.e. have the screen off, but don't have to have app open for the alarm to sound).

3) Simply brings up alert(s) on the lock screen with buttons to either stop the alarm or snooze it

4) Works even if Do Not Disturb is on

I don't feel like those are terribly stringent requests, but I haven't found an app that meets those 4 requirements. The native app is pretty much ideal except it doesn't meet item #1 above (that I am aware of).

Does anyone know of any alarm clock apps that would meet the above 4 "requirements"?

Gracias, in advance.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I originally put this in the iPhone app section, but thought this might get more views and insights.

I am looking for an alarm clock app that does the following:

1) Can set alarm volume independently of iOS/phone's volume setting (i.e. I can have the phone's volume all the way up, but can set the alarm so that it will go off at half volume).

2) Works with the screen off/locked and the app running in background only (i.e. have the screen off, but don't have to have app open for the alarm to sound).

3) Simply brings up alert(s) on the lock screen with buttons to either stop the alarm or snooze it

4) Works even if Do Not Disturb is on

I don't feel like those are terribly stringent requests, but I haven't found an app that meets those 4 requirements. The native app is pretty much ideal except it doesn't meet item #1 above (that I am aware of).

Does anyone know of any alarm clock apps that would meet the above 4 "requirements"?

Gracias, in advance.

The stock alarm does all of those, apart from number one I believe.

NativeTxn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Yep. That's the conundrum and what is frustrating. If they would make that an option it would be perfect for my needs.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
OP

You might want to take a look at Flip Clock - Weather Alarm. I believe that it will do what you want. It does put photos on your screen but you can darken it way down to almost off by swiping from top to bottom.

I've used it for quite a while and will admit it is not perfect (for one thing you must use the charger with it as it eats the battery), but over all it is a decent app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.