Alarm Clock Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NativeTxn, Dec 31, 2014.

1. NativeTxn macrumors regular

I am looking for an alarm clock app that does the following:

1) Can set alarm volume independently of phone's volume setting (i.e. I can have the phone's volume all the way up, but can set the alarm so that it will go off at half volume).

2) Works with the screen off/locked and the app running in background only (i.e. have the screen off, but don't have to have app open for the alarm to sound).

3) Simply brings up alert(s) on the lock screen with buttons to either stop the alarm or snooze it

4) Works even if Do Not Disturb is on

I don't feel like those are terribly stringent requests, but I haven't found an app that meets those 4 requirements. The native app is pretty much ideal except it doesn't meet item #1 above (that I am aware of).

Does anyone know of any alarm clock apps that would meet the above 4 "requirements"?

Gracias, in advance.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The stock alarm does all of those, apart from number one I believe.

3. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

Yep. That's the conundrum and what is frustrating. If they would make that an option it would be perfect for my needs.

4. Planky macrumors regular

I just used GarageBand to make a quieter ring tone.

:)

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

OP

You might want to take a look at Flip Clock - Weather Alarm. I believe that it will do what you want. It does put photos on your screen but you can darken it way down to almost off by swiping from top to bottom.

I've used it for quite a while and will admit it is not perfect (for one thing you must use the charger with it as it eats the battery), but over all it is a decent app