Alarm clock quit working today on Iphone 3Gs with 4.0.1

LALakers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Hello, did anyone else have this problem? Had my alarm set to wake up this morning and it didn't go off. I am unlocked and jailbroke on 4.0.1 is there anything that can be done? Thanks

Ali.

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
New Zealand
Yeah me too. I had the same problem happen to me when I had to get up for work. Alarm activated to go off at 0430 am, luckily my body clock woke me up 30 minutes after to find that the alarm icon was still sitting in the status bar.

Surprised I'm not the only one who experienced this...I'm suspecting it may have something to do with new year's just passing.

Testing the alarm so far and seems to be working fine. See if it works tomorrow morning.

LALakers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Yeah me too. I had the same problem happen to me when I had to get up for work. Alarm activated to go off at 0430 am, luckily my body clock woke me up 30 minutes after to find that the alarm icon was still sitting in the status bar.

Surprised I'm not the only one who experienced this...I'm suspecting it may have something to do with new year's just passing.

Testing the alarm so far and seems to be working fine. See if it works tomorrow morning.
I have tested mine and it still doesn't work. My brother and dad have the same phones and theirs don't work either.

Ali.

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
New Zealand
I have tested mine and it still doesn't work. My brother and dad have the same phones and theirs don't work either.
I tried testing within two different time frames. One alarm turned on 1 min after setting it and another separate alarm set 10 minutes later whilst the phone was locked and asleep. Both worked fine.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
I have this problem too (4.2.1 iPhone 4). I am hoping that if I update to 5.0.1 that it would fix the alarm clock issue.

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
This will resolve its self on the 3rd if you don't upgrade this issue was all over the news last year

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yep the bug is fixed in ios 5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.