Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
My second day on iOS 12.2 and I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating against my bedside table. The alarm was going off but it wasn't making any sound! Luckily I wasn't in a deep sleep. Has anyone else found the same thing? This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I rebooted the phone and the alarm went off with sound fine this morning. So maybe just a bug?

anodibu

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013
I had the same happen this morning. I also noticed that messages didn't make any sound, only vibration.

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
My second day on iOS 12.2 and I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating against my bedside table. The alarm was going off but it wasn't making any sound! Luckily I wasn't in a deep sleep. Has anyone else found the same thing? This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I rebooted the phone and the alarm went off with sound fine this morning. So maybe just a bug?

Is that why I woke up late this morning? Thought I had slept through 3 Alarms on my iPad. Only woke when my iPhone alarm went off.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
One of the defaults. My language isn't English, so I don't know the English name.
Sorry, wasn't precise enough. There seems to be a bug when purchased ringtones are deleted from the device and produce same beahvior, but it shouldn't happen with default tones.

Biggdonkindonut

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2019
I’m having the same issue the past two mornings, is there a fix/does apple know about this?

Reactions: joeyconnick

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
It’s only happened to me once and been ok since. But it leaves a bit of a worry the next time I’m away with work and have to get up for a meeting. Will it work?!?!

Reactions: joeyconnick

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
I have a similar problem on calendar alerts. Ii have ringtones I have added myself. They work fine in alarm and email alerts on both XS Max and 6S plus, but only work on calendar alerts on XS Max but not 6S Plus. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.