iPhone Alarm had no sound! (12.2)-

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by aldo82, Mar 28, 2019.

1. aldo82 macrumors regular

My second day on iOS 12.2 and I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating against my bedside table. The alarm was going off but it wasn't making any sound! Luckily I wasn't in a deep sleep. Has anyone else found the same thing? This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I rebooted the phone and the alarm went off with sound fine this morning. So maybe just a bug?

2. Scarastisis macrumors newbie

I’m having the same issue. I have to reboot to get my sound to work again

3. anodibu macrumors newbie

I had the same happen this morning. I also noticed that messages didn't make any sound, only vibration.

4. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

What ringtone do you use for alarms? Purchased or default?

5. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

Is that why I woke up late this morning? Thought I had slept through 3 Alarms on my iPad. Only woke when my iPhone alarm went off.

6. anodibu macrumors newbie

One of the defaults. My language isn't English, so I don't know the English name.

7. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

Sorry, wasn't precise enough. There seems to be a bug when purchased ringtones are deleted from the device and produce same beahvior, but it shouldn't happen with default tones.

8. Biggdonkindonut macrumors newbie

I’m having the same issue the past two mornings, is there a fix/does apple know about this?

9. aldo82 thread starter macrumors regular

It’s only happened to me once and been ok since. But it leaves a bit of a worry the next time I’m away with work and have to get up for a meeting. Will it work?!?!

10. Biggdonkindonut macrumors newbie

It did it to me twice in a row

11. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

I have a similar problem on calendar alerts. Ii have ringtones I have added myself. They work fine in alarm and email alerts on both XS Max and 6S plus, but only work on calendar alerts on XS Max but not 6S Plus. Strange.