iPhone XS Alarm not audible issue / bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by New_Mac_Smell, Jun 13, 2019.

1. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Hoping someone can help with this one.

A couple of times now, twice in the past week, my morning alarm has failed to make a sound (I woke up around the time and it was silently going off) - started maybe 2-3 weeks ago, only happened maybe 4 times. I haven't been able to correlate anything that is causing this, and I'm hesitant to go to Apple because of the obvious "Just re-instal iOS" nonsense they'll propose.

I'll list some information, see if anyone can spot anything or if anyone has come across this before.

• iPhone XS, latest publicly available iOS (No beta)
    • I use the Bedtime section of the clock, and another regular alarm, all have this problem
    • Do Not Disturb is also active
    • The phone volume is not turned down and not on mute (This shouldn't cause issue anyway to my knowledge)
    • I do use AirPods however these are disconnected several hours beforehand
    • There is nothing unusual or abnormal in the use case beforehand when it does this
    • A phone restart fixes the problem (Until the next time)

I'll answer any relevant questions anyone has, but has anyone had this before? First time in 10 years of iPhone's I've had a problem with the alarm.

2. EternalSynergy macrumors newbie

EternalSynergy

I have same issue and also no audible notifications, incoming calls and even no sound on Youtube and Music app. Yesterday tinkering in bedtime section and and when selecting alarm sound speakers start crackle on half second and boom sound is gone on other apps of phone. Only restart help's. I have this issue on two iPhone's Xs Max. Tried to fully restore phone from iTunes and setting phone as new without iTunes and iCloud backup, but issue comes back after few days. This issue I noticed after updating iOS 12.1.4. My theory is that some app is causing it, but that's no right that some app can cause sound issues on OS level. Sorry for my English.

3. New_Mac_Smell thread starter macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Hmm as you said it does it during calls, I wonder if it's something to do with the attention aware features of FaceID. It's looking like a small bug with the latest iOS version however, so hopefully fixed soon!

4. EternalSynergy macrumors newbie

EternalSynergy

2 days and no audio bug noticed. I think this is related to some apps which is spamming adds. I deleted some wallpaper apps from phone (Cool HD Wallpapers, Wallpapers True 4K & Full HD, Wallpapers & Themes for Me) and also deleted two games PUBG and Guns of Boom. I turned off background app refresh also. Will look how it's going.

5. EternalSynergy macrumors newbie

EternalSynergy

Today again noticed bug when incoming call was silent. Phone at the moment was offline and not connected to wifi or LTE networks. When I tried to start checking sound on music app, song wont start and phone was sluggish when swiping home screen at times. Then I turn on internet access on phone and sound bug gone. Tested phone and incoming calls are audible and music app works like intended.