Alarm Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thatsmyfish, Jun 10, 2015.

1. thatsmyfish macrumors regular

I always use my watch on mute and was surprised when I left it charging in a drawer over night that my morning alarm still worked off my wrist and also made noise. I figured it was an exception to the mute rule as with the iPhone, but this morning I found my watch did not wake me. I did a test of the alarm and off my wrist it only vibrated. I am not sure what I could have done to cause the change?

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

It's actually described in the settings in the Apple Watch app on the phone: If the phone is muted, timer and alarm clock are excluded from muting when the watch is being charged.

3. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, although today the watch was being charged and the phone was muted and it didn't make a sound. During my repeat test the watch was off the charger so that one does make sense. Curious about the first incident. Perhaps a fluke...

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Have you changed the volume settings on your watch? If the watch is muted the volume still preferably has to be on the highest volume so you are able to hear the alarm/timer. If the volume is zero the mute switch doesn't play any role.

5. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, thought I responded to this one. I have my watch always on mute and for whatever reason yesterday was the only day I didn't get an auditory response from the alarm. It did work fine today. I'm going to write it off as a fluke!