Alarm randomly going off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ruffus Rufcut, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Ruffus Rufcut, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

Ruffus Rufcut macrumors newbie

Ruffus Rufcut

I iphone 5s alarm keeps randomly going off, default alarm sound, I tried eraising it then restoring a back up, turning off all alarms but no joy, I do have a couple of 3rd party apps called AideReminder and V-Reminder. I don't think the problem is related to them. I looked in the top right of screen and the alarm icon isn't on, the screen stays blank and there's no display message but the problem keeps persisting. Can anyone help?

Ruffus

2. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Are you sure its the alarm clock and not some weather alert?

3. Ruffus Rufcut thread starter macrumors newbie

Ruffus Rufcut

I don't think so, I dont have weather alerts.

4. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

If the alarm is off then the alarm is off. It must be some other app.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

When you alarm does go off, what does it show on the screen?

6. Ruffus Rufcut thread starter macrumors newbie

Ruffus Rufcut

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Go and see what tone you have set for email. I would use something a little less obtrusive than an "alarm" for my email.

8. Tspiggliot macrumors newbie

Tspiggliot

--- Post Merged, Feb 26, 2018 ---
    I have this exact same problem. It started 2 to 3 weeks ago for no reason. I have checked every app, every sound, turned off banners, turn off alarms, my calendars are not synced to any sounds, my email and texts are not set for this particular sound. None of my Apps are set to this particular sound that my phone is making It happens at any time, it can last a few seconds and then shuts itself off other times it goes and goes and I have to turn off my phone altogether and turn it back on. There’s no reason for this to occur and it happens at anytime and no particular time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Can you find the name of the the alarm sound, if so delete it.

10. Tspiggliot macrumors newbie

Tspiggliot

I've tried to figure out which tone it is and I can't figure it out. I updated my OS today and so far it hasn't gone off once today. Maybe that fixed it? It went off twice in 5 minutes last night just as I got into bed. I was NOT happy LOL If it goes off again I'll see if I can figure out the tone. I also just tried to delete a random tone so I could see if I could do it and I couldn't figure it out. How DO you delete a tone that come with the phone? I've only downloaded two ring tones ever. Thank you