Alarm sound dependent on what volume control?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanny, Feb 1, 2009.

1. stanny macrumors 6502

I notice there seems to be 2 kinds of volume controls for the Iphone, ringer volume and music/ipod/game volume. Which one is the alarm clock dependent on?

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

the time it took you to type this message out you could have found your answer.. get off your butt and figure it out yourself :apple:

3. Resist macrumors 68030

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

5. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

While the above posts are funny, I'll help you out...I use my alarm daily to wake up. I find that it is ringer volume that decides the volume of the alarm. I usually turn mine to medium, or lower. Because if I leave it on high, like I do during the day so that I hear my calls it will scare the Sh*t out of me when it goes off to wake me up in the morning!:D

6. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I too had questions and issues with this seeing that I use my iPhone as my primary alarm clock. After you are ready to put the phone away and go to sleep, turn the silent/ring switch to ring and turn the volume to your desired setting using the volume rocker. I recommend turning the volume all the way up because the speaker is pretty quiet. :)

7. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I think that depends on what noise/ringer you use for your alarm. If you read my post above yours, you'll see that I said I keep mine at medium or alittle lower cause when my alarm goes off in the morning at full volume its LOUD and gives me a heart attack as it wakes me up!LOL OR maybe its just me:D

8. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I usually use Miramba for my alarm. I may just be a very heavy sleeper, but I wind up missing the alarm if the volume isn't all the way up.