Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elgrayso

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
I use the Alarm feature as well as the Timer feature for various reminders every day.
For the Timer you have to tap the screen to make it stop. Simple enough, but for the Alarm you SHOULD NOT tap it (it wants you to swipe), or it will snooze and go off again later and there's nothing you can do about it. It's like it's punishing you for forgetting to carefully check if it's a timer or an alarm going off.
This drives me mental because I am constantly hitting the wrong one; making it snooze and adding a second erroneous alarm in my day.
It's just a small thing, but it gets old dealing with it nearly every day. Especially when it would be so simple for Apple to have consistency between them.

RosannaDanna

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
USA
I swipe to turn off either the alarm or timer sound from the lock screen so it is consistent this way for me. When an alarm is set the snooze feature can be turned off. When the alarm or timer pop-up occurs while using the iPhone a tap on the menu will stop either the alarm or timer sound so again it is consistent for me. Finally I have different sounds for the timer and alarm so it is easy to tell which is occurring. I am staying fairly sane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.