alarm too quiet

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by double t33, Jul 21, 2015.

1. double t33 macrumors newbie

Anyone else find the alarm on the apple watch way too quiet?

I have the sports watch and love everything about it except that I am having to use my iPhone for the alarm as I never wake up (neither does my wife) to the watch alarm. Its great when I am wearing it due to the haptic feedback but I leave it on a stand charging over night so that is not an option.

2. c55 macrumors regular

c55

Yeah I don't think the Watch was designed to necessarily be a bedside alarm clock, that's more of the iPhone's job. Like you said the alarm is really only useful for when you are wearing it, as are most of the other Watch features.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep, use your iphone for the alarm clock. No way that tiny little speaker is going to wake anyone up on the watch!

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

The speaker diaphragm is no bigger than the fingernail of your pinkie roughly, so it's not going to make a whole lot of noise. As far as speakers go, this is probably the lower limit of usefulness. :)

5. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

IMO if the watch is going to feature a 'Nightstand mode' I would expect to be able to use it as an alarm clock with an alarm loud enough to wake me.

6. c55 macrumors regular

c55

I didn't think of that. Maybe Apple has limited the speaker's capabilities through software and can make the alarm louder than the rest of the normal sounds in later updates. Or maybe they will just drop the dumb idea of 'Nightstand mode' :rolleyes:

7. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I was actually holding off on buying a dock for my watch because of this feature. Safe to assume nightstand mode doesn't activate when plugged in but rather when the watch is turned on its side?

8. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

The watch enters nightstand mode only when the watch is (1)charging and (2)resting on the side with no buttons on.

If (1) & (2) arent together then it just acts as normal with your clock face and the charging symbol.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Maybe your phone still alarms but the watch, beside your bed, can remotely turn the alarm off

10. c55 macrumors regular

c55

There are docks that hold your Watch sideways so that nightstand works that are available now. and like he said it has to be plugged in and sideways.

11. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

That's what I figured. Thank you for the confirmation.

12. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

I agree that the watch's alarm is quieter than my iPhone's, but I like that. I don't need anything too loud. The watch wakes me up pleasantly.

13. Strom41 macrumors newbie

Strom41

Agreed. Alarm isn't loud but enough to wake me. Looking forward to Nightstand mode - c'mon already!