iPhone Alarm went off hour early and at the proper time

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mayerryan, May 8, 2015.

1. mayerryan macrumors newbie

Both my wife and I use the iOS alarm. Mine is recurring for week days. She sets hers manually every day. Today both of ours went off an hour early. Mine, because its recurring and wasn't shut off like the single alarm, then went off again at the proper time. Anyone know what is up with this. Found some old threads about old OS bugs and daylight savings but nothing for this OS and it's May 8th.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. mayerryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. Nothing changed. And here's some weirdness. they keep dropping cell signal completely and the time changes by an hour later. And when I'm in the time zone setting screen you can watch it change from "Chicago" (the correct one) to "New York". Back and forth... So I think I'm getting warmer...

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I wonder if the phone is using the cellular network to set the time zone, and something is hosed on the network causing this behavior.

At least it didn't go to San Francisco time!

I suggest turning off automatic time zone setting for the time being as a workaround.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you live in an area where you are close to the border between time zones?

6. mayerryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Minneapolis. It seems this is not iPhone/OS related. AT&T network seems to be jacked up here. It's been on the radio, and several friends are experiencing this with their Samsung devices as well. I've got a contact at a retail store looking to see if he can find out about any network issues.