Alarm which repeats -- not repeating *event*, repeating *alarm*?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by therealseebs, May 1, 2013.

1. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

Simple question:

On my Psion, Palm, and Blackberry devices, when an alarm was set for an event, the alarm would repeat pretty much forever until the user responded to it in some way.

With iCal, if I happen not to be next to the device when the alarm happens, that's it. There is never another beep.

I would like a suggestion as to a way to get notified forever until I respond in some way to the notification, so I don't have to cling to my iPad like a bewildered baby monkey to avoid missing alerts.

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

I use the alarm in 'clock'. Repeatable, can label it, and so on. Works fine for me. For ical you can also set the notification to be an alert, rather than a banner, and set it as a ringtone, rather than a chime.

3. therealseebs thread starter macrumors 65816

therealseebs

The alarm in Clock isn't able to do what I want -- which is, for instance, single-occurrence events three weeks out.

It's already set to be an alert, but this doesn't do me any good if I don't happen to be interacting with the iPad, which I'm normally not. I am not quite sure as to the ringtone/chime distinction; both categories exist, does that mean that the ringtones will keep playing longer or something?