Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
MI
I have an iphone 4 which i just upgraded to ios 6. Since the upgrade my alarms vibrate in addition to whatever sound I have set. I looked at my settings in 'sounds' and 'vibrate on ring' was already off. I turned off 'vibrate on silent' as well. It seems to make no difference. Am I missing a setting somewhere, is this a bug, or is this an intended "feature" that apple has added?

navindralr

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
this happens to me as well. I've looked through all the settings, and there's no way to turn it off. I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug or new feature???

I'd like to see if anyone with ios6 doesn't have their alarm go off with vibration??

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
this happens to me as well. I've looked through all the settings, and there's no way to turn it off. I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug or new feature???

I'd like to see if anyone with ios6 doesn't have their alarm go off with vibration??

My 4s works ok.

With Vibrate on ring = Off

Vibrate on silent = On (Side Mute Switch = unmute)
OR
Vibrate on silent = off (Side Mute Switch = mute)

I get no vibration at all , only alarm sound.

angiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
MI

Which iPhone do you have 4 or 4S?

reese518

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I finally just figured it out and tested multiple times. I have iphone 5 with ios 6. Flip side switch to mute, turn vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent to off position. Also go into sounds then ringtones and make sure vibrate is set on alert(default). That does it

Eric L

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
In "sounds" you can change the sound and vibration pattern of the alerts. I just told it not to vibrate on calendar alerts and reminder alerts and it stopped the vibrating for the alarm clock. Not sure which of the two changed it, at work, no time to play.

ckim12

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Same problem but different

Hi, I'm having a similar problem, except opposite. Before the update, if I set my phone on vibrate with the switch on the side, my alarm wouldn't go off, but would only vibrate. I like this feature because I have roommates and morning classes so I don't want a loud alarm going off every morning waking them up, I just want it to vibrate under my pillow so I feel it and wake up, but ever since the update, the alarm tone goes off even if i put the phone on vibrate, how do i change this?

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
In "sounds" you can change the sound and vibration pattern of the alerts. I just told it not to vibrate on calendar alerts and reminder alerts and it stopped the vibrating for the alarm clock. Not sure which of the two changed it, at work, no time to play.

I just tried Reminders. Will post an update.

alexzeno

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Possible Fix for iPhone vibrating issues after ios 6 upgrade

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will work for all of you, but after my ios 6 upgrade, my vibrate also stopped working. I came to this forum looking for a solution, but didn't find one, however; while reading the various post, i decided to call my phone from my home phone, and while my iPhone rang, i played with the switch on the side that is used to place the phone on silent, by simply switching it in the on and off position a few times while letting it ring, and it starting vibrating again. I've since rebooted my iPhone and the vibrating function is still working. I hope this helps some of you.

Alex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.