Alaska Picture gallery *sorry, not the assult rifle*

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by bzollinger, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wow! Those are some unbelievable photographs! :eek: I knew Alaska was beautiful, but I had no idea how photogenic it was! I love the site too.

When I read "AK" gallery, I thought you meant AK-47. Maybe I should lay off the Call of Duty a little bit. :D

3. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I love Call of Duty, and maybe I should re-title the thread!;)

But yes they are all my photos that I've taken over the years. Of course there are more all the time. Thanks for the compliment, and pass it on if you think you know someone who might enjoy the photos.

BZ

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Those are some beautiful pictures... and here's me thinking that Washington state was heaven.

On the CC side, I would say that you definitely have a vision. While the photogenic nature of the landscapes requires little more than just to try and frame things, for most pictures, I'd say you managed to depict the beauty you were seeing. Most of the HDRs were very well done and subdued. Several of them, however, I felt were pushing things, and a bit unnecessary (valley view and campfire). Overall great site, and very nice work.

5. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Thanks for the feedback. Ya, I'm still new to the HDR workd but have really enjoyed it. Photography is a fun hobby and so is working with a mac!

6. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I though the same thing, i will be laying off battlefield for a while now...haha

Oh yeah, awesome photos, I really want to start doing the same thing, but western PA sucks.

7. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Well now that two different forum members have stumbled on this thread because of the famous AK-47 gun maybe I should leverage that!!?

Never been to western PA, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for looking!
    BZ

8. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

Truly an amazing collection.

My favorites are Fog Ridges, Angled Colors (AMAZING composure), Rustic Bathtub, Windy Fields.... Well, all of those shots are quite stunning.

VERY good work.

Edit: I also meant to say that that reminds me ALOT of BC's Northwest Coast, which is where I spend alot of my time :).

9. bzollinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Thanks a lot, I've actually got almost all of those printed and framed in my house because I like them too.

I like to describe Fog Ridges as "quadra-tone" as it seems there are only about four colors that make the photoe. Not sure if that's a real term or not, but it seems to fit.

thanks for the kind words!
    BZ