Alaska's first APPLE STORE!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DrDomVonDoom, Mar 18, 2011.

1. DrDomVonDoom macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

So, I live in Fairbanks, around 370 or so miles from Anchorage, and Anchor-Town is getting a Apple Store. All we have had is so far Mom n' Pop stores like Mac Haus, one here and two near Anchorage, one in Wasilla and one in Anchorage I believe.

Any Alaskans gonna go check it out day one? I know its a long way, I think its gonna be in the 5th Ave Mall, I don't know if theres any Construction going down there yet, looks like their gonna shoot for a Summer Opening. I am excited, might even make a trip down there to see it since I probobly won't see one opening up here in the banks. Also Anchorage would be a nice place for a Apple training center, Really interested in getting certifications and becoming Apple IT literate, but theres no classes anywhere in Alaska.

Bout time we got some love in a place where :apple:'s don't grow!

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Well I admire your drive, do you really think you have enough Apple-Heads in Alaska to support you're being Apple IT??

3. DrDomVonDoom thread starter macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

I believe so, just in the Education system alone, all our schools and universities and borough buildings all have Mac ecosystems, theres probobly 10 macs for every PC in High School just a few short years ago, we only had the Gumdrops in Middle School and we were rocking Apple II's in Elementary.

We were far behind when it came to computers in the 90's, and I am only 24 mind you, it wasn't that long ago. I havn't been in a high school here in a few years, I don't know what they are running currently. Probobly the same ol' gumdrops. You have to pull the Education Boards arm off and beat them with it up here to get current generation technology.

4. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

I lived in Wasilla for a summer a few years ago and it was always a pain to deal with the reseller stores. This news makes me happy for everyone up there.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

When faced with a 7 hour drive, I would exhaust your use of E-mails.

Far cheaper.

6. DrDomVonDoom thread starter macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

True, but a trip to Anchorage is something that Fairbanksans, must do once a year at least, for sanity's sake. Its our 'Big City' if you will, and I don't plan to just Visit the Apple Store, there is plenty of large malls, shopping centers and stores to visit in Anchorage to make it worth while. You get a few friends, lots of tunes, and go rippin.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/apple-store-reportedly-chooses-anchorage-location

Apparently their taking Eddie Bauers old spot, interesting.

I was originally gonna get a Macbook Air, but I might wait....save some more money, get the 13 inch version, or the updated version if one comes out first, down in Anchorage.

7. electronique macrumors 6502