Albert Finney has died

Falhófnir

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
IMO the definitive ‘Ebenezer Scrooge’ - he stars in the version of this I always enjoy the most! I have to admit it didn’t occur to me he actually was still alive (he was of course made up to look a lot older for the role) and he has featured in films like Skyfall fairly recently. Thoughts with his family and may he rest in peace having left a great cinematic legacy.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
IMO the definitive ‘Ebenezer Scrooge’ - he stars in the version of this I always enjoy the most! I have to admit it didn’t occur to me he actually was still alive (he was of course made up to look a lot older for the role) and he has featured in films like Skyfall fairly recently. Thoughts with his family and may he rest in peace having left a great cinematic legacy.
Wonderful actor. I agree that he was the definitive Scrooge. May his memory be for a blessing.
A brilliant actor, and yes, agreed, a compelling Scrooge.

Reactions: Falhófnir

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I loved him in "Big Fish", which is also one of my favorite movies. That movie is played in the house several times a year and it still gets me all foggy during the ending when his son finally gets it.

RIP... :(

Reactions: Falhófnir
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.