Album and playlist problem with 3.1.2 update.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nathan89, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Nathan89 macrumors newbie

My 1st gen 32GB iPod Touch recently updated to 3.1.2, and I noticed some problems.

-If an album had a featuring artist, it would create another album of the same name, and when you look at the tracklist, It's exactly the same.

The only solution I can think of is to put the "Feat. John" into the song title, but I prefer it in the Artist part.

Another thing, this didn't happen to every album which has featured artists.

-My smart playlist "Top 25 Most Played" doesn't show the right songs on my iPod, it shows 25 random songs, some of which with zero plays. On iTunes however, it shows the proper list.

-After unplugging my iPod and going to music or videos on it, I get "Updating Library, This may take a few minutes"... Is this unavoidable?

Also, this is right after restoring my iPod, which I've had to do often lately.

Can someone help with these problems?
    Thank you!

2. mzd macrumors 6502a

if you add the following rule to your Top 25 Most Played smart playlist it should help:
    Playlist - is - Music

you can also do that with Recently Added since that playlist is most likely off as well.