Album Art from MP3 not recognized in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aerodoc, Mar 8, 2010.

1. aerodoc macrumors member

I have a lot of music I got from amazon, MP3, and it displays the artwork when loaded into iTunes.

BUT, I have a lot of older music that I made from ripped CD's in MP3 format (id 2.3). I created the album art for them and other players recognize the artwork (WMP). However, upon importing to iTunes, it does not display artwork.

All of the tags are current version (2.3 I believe), but could it just be that iTunes is not as robust at reading the artwork as other programs? How can this be fixed?

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

hmmm.... Have u tried the convert id3 tag information feature thats in itunes??

If you have all the correct song information.. why wont u just use the get album artwork feature thats in itunes. it should download the artwork for u

3. aerodoc thread starter macrumors member

Exactly what does the covert ID3 tag feature do? Does that go FROM the tag or go TO the tag (presumably after adding artwork via iTunes)?

I can try the iTunes artwork option, but fear that iTunes may not do as good of a job as I have done. I already have everything exactly right, so why not just use that? What are the odds that iTunes gets it all right AND get its ALL? I know in the past, I have had some success with this option, but not 100%.