Album art mixed up??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ramparts, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ramparts macrumors regular

I've got a really funny problem on my 3G (2.2) - out of nowhere, lately a bunch of my albums seem to have mixed up art.

The art is just fine on these albums on my computer, and there were no problems until about a week ago on the iPhone, either.

The problem is for albums with artists whose name starts with P or later. I don't think there's a pattern for which album gets which wrong artwork, but all of the artwork is coming from artists whose names start with O or before. The problem doesn't happen to albums I've uploaded since the problem began. What's the matter? Do I really just have to reupload the music?

I'd appreciate any insight on why this happened, how to prevent it, and if there's any way to fix it. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, in Cover Flow all of the albums have the right art. The problem shows up when I scroll through "Albums" mode, when I'm actually listening to a song, or when I click an album in Cover Flow, the little thumbnail is the wrong cover (even though in Cover Flow it shows the right cover - weird!!).

In total, less than half the songs (about 600 out of 1600) are affected. It starts off in the middle of an artist with an "O" name, affects only his albums which are late in the alphabet, and then affects all of the "P" through "Z" artists...

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Same thing happened to me a while back. Unfortunately, the best way to fix it is to just Restore your iPod. Plug into iTunes, it "Restore", and wait as your iPod is deleted and restarted.

Sucks, but it's the easiest (and only way).