album art not showing for some songs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by michael31986, Oct 20, 2011.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

so i have the new ipod touch the white one and it came with 5.0 installed. but for some reason about 300 songs the album art is on the file if i view it on itunes but when i view it on my ipod touch it isn't showing. and funny thing is when i hit sync on itunes it says syncing album art for those exact songs that are displaying it, but yet when i play it on my ipod it then won't show the album art.

why is this?

2. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

I have had some glitches with album art recently too. Not widespread like yours.

I had to re-add art to an album that showed art in the iTunes browser but did not show up in the get info window. Since it was just the one album I googled the image and added it manually.

Don't know what the prob is.

3. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

I have had issues with album art on my 3rd gen. iPod Touch since the update prior to iOS 5. The wrong album art was displayed for most podcasts and in most cases, the album art was scrambled. The iPod-generated album art for Genius Playlists would often appear instead of the correct album art for many podcasts and in playlists of videos.

When the restore from backup failed after updating to iOS 5, I did a fresh sync of selected playlists to the iPod and many albums had similar issues of displaying the wrong album art and sometimes displaying it scrambled.

I am not an expert on programming or hardware but I suspect there is some fault with the 64 GB SSD in my iPod, or the memory module because if it was simply a software fault, the latest update would have fixed it. If this is confirmed to be true, it will be a disappointment because I upgraded from a hard-disk based iPod thinking the non-mechanical iPod Touch would be more reliable.

I know business realities dictate that Apple should encourage repeat sales of bigger and better iPods but I wish I could buy something that could last longer than 3 years without making an upgrade necessary.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i tried doing the get info and replacing the album art, but it still left the album art blank on my ipod. it was only for 400 or so songs. mind u i have 8000. so i wrote down the names of the albums that clearly showed no album art in my cover flow on my ipod. It originally would say updating 440 files, but ever since deleting and resyncing the songs that i found had album art missing it now says 360 files updating. so that must mean 360 songs on my ipod are missing album art still. problem is it must be a song that is in the album and not used as the display for cover flow...(not sure if that makes sense). what im trying to say is in cover flow usually one song from that album is used as the one for the cover flow. My question is how am i supposed to know which ones have missing album art. Itunes will show it has it integrated in the file either way.

i guess i have to just play my ipod like i normally do until they show up on the screen. and maybe one day ill just copy all the songs back to my computer and re sync it, but that will have to wait til i get a new computer.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i have to assume that this is a software issue. all my art is fine in my iTunes library. so of it is absent on my iPhone, so of it is absent on my iPad and likewise on my iPod. hopefully it will sort itself out with a new update.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i hope they sort it out, because i usually change album art work if a "single" is released into an album. Im very ocd with my ipod. It will be a pain to have to re sync a song just because it is now part of an album and not a "- single". I loved being able to just click the song on my ipod in itunes and just change the album art and name. now you cant or else the album art doesn't change, but instead gets deleted to nothing.

glad im not the only one with this. It is strange that your ipad iphone and ipod touch have different songs with messed up album art or album art not there.

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It definitely has to be the ios 5. After deleting the songs off my iPod touch and then putting them back. The album art was there for a bit but then one more sync had them go away again. It was all the songs I re synced again. It's not the songs so the iOS must have bugs on my old 3G iPod touch this never happened. Hope they fix this with next update!

8. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

It is iOS 5 :( I have lost some album art to and coverflow is super slow so the music app is kinda worthless now.

9. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm wondering if it's worth it to copy all songs from iPod to iTunes again and resume just to fix some album art. It's probably better to just wait for an update from apple. I'm sure 5.0.1 will be out soon

10. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

11. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

On my iPod Touch the problem is still there with the wrong album art for some podcasts.

12. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i have uninstalled itunes and then reinstalled it and i deleted and then re add the songs that had no album art showing. and it now works! i guess resyncing it helped.

13. frodilesl macrumors newbie

bro...i was having this problem and all i did was remove my music from my iphone and then synced it again. IT WORKED :)