Album Art Not Synching?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thePhantom, Nov 9, 2007.

1. thePhantom macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I recently used the itunes feature to download album art for some of my mp3's and then added some to other tracks manually... My itunes playlist is updated with the assorted artwork, but when I Sync my itouch there is no artwork?

Any ideas why itunes and my playlist on my pc are showing artwork but It wont appear on the itouch?

2. joefinan macrumors 6502a

Not sure about that but my Touch does all sorts of crap with artwork.

In coverflow mode, it shows the right artwork, turn the touch to portrait mode and it zooms in on the artwork and changes it to something totally different.

All of my Katie Melua stuff shows a random screen-grab from "I'm Alan Partridge" when in protrait - it's somehow getting confused between album artwork and videos.

To be honest, the Touch has some incredibly infuriating bugs which make it quite a crappy iPod.

3. chall5 macrumors regular

I don't see any of these issues on mine, are you sure you have your tags in order ?

The only artwork issue I've had is the Greatest Hits problem (I've also had the same issue with The Singles) ie. it got confused cos I have albums by both Basement Jaxx and Feeder called 'The Singles'

I worked round that by changing the album tag to :-

Basement Jaxx : The Singles
    Feeder : The Singles

instead of just 'The Singles'

4. thePhantom thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry - I'm a new itunes user - can you explain about organising tags and how that helps?

5. nebarik macrumors member

this happens to me aswell... form what i can see happening, now i could be wrong, but i think the touch is just looking at the first song for its album art. now if u were like me and dragged images onto some random mp3 in the album instead of the first one, this may be the problem....

kinda annoying when listening to the songs they show the album art... but there individually linked to each song! so most of my 'acquired' mp3's just show a grey boring generic 'art', unlike my fancy itunes brought songs (yes i buy most songs, just not the ones that arnt available).

6. chall5 macrumors regular

@thePhantom

for example : select all your Katie Melua songs, right click>Get Info and make sure all the details are correct (song name, album, artwork etc.)

In general tags for music and video can be accessed by right clicking on a file and selecting Get Info

I wrote a post on artwork for the Touch which may help, do a search for my posts

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

mine does that too, where the it should be Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Greatest Hits, it shows (and displays ONLY) Queen: Greatest Hits, and some songs no matter what i do, show up with the absolutely wrong artwork

its really annoying

8. thePhantom thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed the problem that I was having

I was set up to manually organise my music.

I changed the settings so that the itouch synched to my playlists instead, and voila - the artwork started to appear...