Album art on ipod nano

tiny_101

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
69
0
Canada
Hi, I got my ipod nano not too long ago, and for some reason, only 1 out of all the album covers are shown on my ipod. In iTunes, I enabled album art to be displayed on my ipod too. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

- Tiffany
 

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
871
0
Cleveland
tiny_101 said:
Hi, I got my ipod nano not too long ago, and for some reason, only 1 out of all the album covers are shown on my ipod. In iTunes, I enabled album art to be displayed on my ipod too. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

- Tiffany
It will only display alblum art from songs downloaded from iTunes. Any songs imported from CD or other sources will not have the alblum art associated with it.
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
mojohanna said:
It will only display alblum art from songs downloaded from iTunes. Any songs imported from CD or other sources will not have the alblum art associated with it.
Unless, of course, you import the album art yourself. You don't HAVE to buy your music from iTunes in order to have album art on your iPod/nano... you just have to make sure that you import the album art yourself.
 

Sca1pel

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
127
0
Best place to get album art is off amazon.com just click on the CD and it gives u a nice BIG photo, then just drag it to the get info window where the photo is and BALAPBABODUWOPSHADOPBAMBAM!!!!!
 

tiny_101

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
69
0
Canada
I've tried importing the album covers myself, and as-well I have used amazon.com, but still the album art won't show up on my Ipod. (Just to make sure I am doing it correctly, all I do is find the album cover and then drag the picture into the small box in iTunes while it is playing the song, right?) Please correct me if I am doing it wrong ! :confused: :(

- Thanks again!
 

moot

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2004
170
0
in the great Asian wonderland
You can check the song to see if the album cover has been added to the file. In iTunes click on the song, then command +i for the info box. then one of the options is artwork. Is your artwork displayed in there?
 

tiny_101

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
69
0
Canada
Hmm, when I look at the information for the song, the album cover is displayed there. I also tried Fetch Art, but everytime I use it to try and find covers, it encounters errors. Even if I try one song at a time, it is unable to retrieve them. :confused:
 

h00ligan

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2003
2,913
86
A hot desert
i have a nano too, and i am SURE that my album art is in there. It shows up in ITUNES and on my Xbox running XBMC. Any ideas why it may not be showing next to the song title when playing songs on my nano?
 

xqz

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2005
2
0
ive got the same exact problem. im pretty sure that all the album art is in there.

it shows in itunes. and i downloaded other songs before and they already had album art in them. those show up but the new ones that i added dont show. does anyone know why?

by the way i just got my nano yesterday =)

and registered today =)

edit: actually i just found one more album art that works. and it didnt have album art before

so only one album so far that i see has album art that i manually added
 

midailey2

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2005
1
0
i have the same problem on my 40GB photo

My album art shows up on some songs, and not on others. Some of the songs were purchased from iTunes and others had the album art entered manually. All the art shows in iTunes on my PC, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to what shows on the iPod and what doesn't. Some are indiv songs, some are albums....some used to show it but don't anymore, and I haven't changed anything that I know of, aside from regular updates to the software. Is there some kind of song-level setting?
 

xqz

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2005
2
0
i think i have solved the problem... i got all my album art to show

what you need to do is put the album art onto songs IN your library FIRST. then transfer to your ipod.

so delete all the songs in your ipod. edit all songs in your library and drag and drop.
 

Tuned MP5T

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2004
177
0
New York City
When you guys were import the Album Art did you just have one song hi-lighted or all the songs of the album? I made the mistake of just having one song hi-lighted.
 

tiny_101

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
69
0
Canada
Tuned MP5T said:
When you guys were import the Album Art did you just have one song hi-lighted or all the songs of the album? I made the mistake of just having one song hi-lighted.
Hum, did you import each album cover by yourself? I figured that if I were to import each song's album, I ought to have just the song hi-lighted.
 

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2005
48
0
Sca1pel said:
Best place to get album art is off amazon.com just click on the CD and it gives u a nice BIG photo, then just drag it to the get info window where the photo is and BALAPBABODUWOPSHADOPBAMBAM!!!!!
hahahahahahahahahaaha i want to hear that sound
 

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
2,529
0
Londinium
Another vote for FetchArt here. Its not perfect (I've had to track down via the web some of my more obscure - and sometimes not so obscure - albums) but its good for about 75% of the time. And all my manually/Fetch collected album art shows up fine on my nano...
 

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2003
385
0
California
xqz said:
i think i have solved the problem... i got all my album art to show

what you need to do is put the album art onto songs IN your library FIRST. then transfer to your ipod.

so delete all the songs in your ipod. edit all songs in your library and drag and drop.

Had the same problem. This solution works. Thanks! :)
 

charlies.angels

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2005
1
0
Australia
hey i have read through the posts and it still hasn't fixed my problem about the artwork on ipod. i could manually do it but isn't it suppose to once you download your cd into your libray the picture show automatically pop up? if anyone could can you please message me. thanx people!!! :)
 

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
2,643
10
Toronto
charlies.angels said:
hey i have read through the posts and it still hasn't fixed my problem about the artwork on ipod. i could manually do it but isn't it suppose to once you download your cd into your libray the picture show automatically pop up? if anyone could can you please message me. thanx people!!! :)
When you import a CD, iTunes only finds the Gracenote CDDB information, which does not include album art. You have to import that yourself.

If I'm understanding this thread correctly, if I get a nano or a video iPod, it will have album art on it, because I have not owned a colour-screen iPod before, and all of my songs already have imported album art (except for a few live songs).
 

owenow

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
1
0
Automatic Download of Album Art?!?

Hey all

Is it me or is it ridiculous that iTunes doesnt allow an automatic download of album art and album information...

... you know the way that Windows Media Player does it?


I mean manually finding an album art pic and having to drag it for every song is pretty ridiculous and time consuming isnt it?

Am I missing something - is there a faster/better way to get this done without having to purchase the songs from iTunes etc...

any help would be most appreciated - owow@optusnet.com.au


Thanks!!

O